This lesson will give you a step by step instruction on how to design and set up an email signature in Canva and Gmail. This will give your branding an extra touch because it will make your emails cohesive with the rest of your branding on all platforms.
If you need a little extra inspiration you can just go to Pinterest and search for email signature templates. Otherwise, let's create one now.
- Open Canva and go to create a design up in the right corner of the main page, in size 800 x 400 pixels. Open up your brand board in another fan with all of your brand elements, we are going to need them.
- We already have our branding kit with the colors and fonts we are going to use. Start by finding a frame where you can add your photo, this is important so people always have a feeling of who they communicate with. Go to elements -> frames a pick the frame you like the best. Go to upload and upload a photo of yourself and adrag it to the frame.
- Now you can go to elements and find some lines and boxes and add them to create dividers. Then you add your signature, business name, and contact information. Remember to add your logo/favicon and one of your brand elements to spruce it up a little. And use the colors and fonts from your branding kit.
- Download it as a PNG (but NOT with a transparent background)
- Now we move on to creating your social media icons.
- Open a new Canva design size 50 x 50
- Go to elements and search for the social media channels icons you are using for your marketing.
- Add the icons. Recolor them by clicking on them and then on the color square in the top bar and then you pick one of your brand colors from the brand kit that we made, it’s placed in the left menu.
- Now you download them as PNG, but this time remember to check off the transparent background box
How to upload your email signature to gmail
- Gather all of your graphics in a folder on your computer.
- Open Gmail and go to settings -> General and scroll to the bottom to the signature section and click on the + create new
- Now you click on the insert image icon and upload your email signature. It might seem large, so you can click on it and choose the size you like.
- Hit enter and upload your social media icons.
How to add links to your icons and signature
- Highlight the icon and click on the link button and copy in the url for your social media channels.
And now you are done, easy right?. Let’s move on and design a beautiful business card.